January 11, 2008

Thou shall not lie

My mother always told me never to lie. Even if I could be forced to confess when the time comes, I promise it won't be too bad. Well, I guess we are different and for some reasons like winning the olympics, it might be tempting.

This is the story of Marion Jones. She is probably one of the most recognized athlete in the field, beside Mutola whom I worship. She already gave up her five medals and retired but now she is being sentenced to 6 months in jail for the use of steroids. She apologized. If it makes you any compassionate.

In between, the US and Germany possibly agreed to recognize Kossovo as an independent state.

The US also sent a formal complaint to Iran in regard of the naval stand off earlier this week. What good can this do? In my opinion it would only contribute to the ridicule of the US. Nothing will happen directly from this complaint.

There is even some ambiguity concerning whether the person saying "you are going to blow up" was actually from the Iranian ships. I think Washington took it way too seriously.
Surprinsing things can happen everywhere. Even in places where the usual means suicide bombers and decapitated bodies. It snowed in Baghdad! Snow is not rare in the mountainous Kurdish region but in Baghdad that's spek-ta-ku-lar.

No comments: